In the latest national curriculum there is a great emphasis on fractions and our Year 4 category reflects this, with an excellent range of resources. New this week we have further worksheets on:
• Understanding fractions and equivalence between fractions
• Understanding improper fractions and converting to mixed numbers
• Continuing sequences of fractions, including mixed numbers
• Using bar models to help understand addition and subtraction of decimals
• Calculating quantities of fractions
Traditionally fractions has proved to be tricky topic for children to understand, but with plenty of practical work and using images, bar models etc there is no reason why children cannot become confident with understanding and using fractions.